12 November 2011

The Forgotten Holiday

As the more important holidays loom in the near future, another holiday is passed by without much acknowledgement.

Call me selfish if you want, but why is it Veterans are treated like shit in the country they have served? No matter where you go people may say thank you, but it is nothing more than what society says you're supposed to do. There might be some that actually mean thank you, I take nothing away from those who truly mean it. However I do get pissed when in one sentence they thank a veteran and in the next they complain about soldiers and how stupid it is to send people overseas.

Do not blame the veteran for why we are fighting, blame the politicians, blame people you voted into power, and go ahead and blame yourself. Everyone was out for blood when they attacked America, not just us war mongers who want to kill other people for fun and sport! Y'all forget what it means to dig in and fight. Y'all only know what goes on in you little world of reality tv and tree hugging liberal media mind washing.

Veterans Day is a holiday I have held in high esteem not just because I am a veteran but because I was raised to appreciate what was given to me by the generations before me. The hard work, blood, sweat, tears, and sacrifices of those before me. I'd you don't agree with what I'm saying, quit wasting my oxygen, go eat some tofu, and sit outside of Wall Street protesting what you have no control over.

I know I have some strong opinions, but if this rant doesn't pertain to you, sit back, relax, and enjoy the final days of America as a great nation!

No comments: