02 October 2009

Update on Life

Usually I try to be profound, but right now I'll just fill you in on the latest.

Mail out here in the boonies, or as RSM calls it "a forgotten area", is rather sparse and slow. We get mail on the whim of other Coalition Forces at much better bases around Afghanistan. None the less mail comes and its like Christmas every time mail comes. All the guys show off the stuff they got from loved ones back home. I recently got a package with some rather motivating things...


Yes the FSU gear is here and I already have got in trouble for being out of uniform! I can't wait until I get to actually watch a game.



I run the clinic here and the work is most of the time small potatoes; cuts, scraps, colds, and the occasional splash of something in the eye. Although after the normal hours of operation the clientele changes. The guys come in and the Xboxes turn on! Ordinarily a violent game is played where we talk shit back and forth, get loud, and get our fill of death and destruction. Recently we've whipped out Rock Band and Guitar Hero. We turn up the volume, jam out, sing the wrong lyrics (personally guilty), and mainly sing off key. So we keep ourselves entertained one way or another. The guys have dubbed my clinic the alternate MWR, or recreation station.

I've been without booze or any fermented type of goodness for some time. I'm starting to go through DTs. You know the normal; urge to kill stupid people, loud outbursts pertaining to stupid people, and the elusive quenching of thirst. I'll most likely take a good long vacation when I get home and drink copious amount of liquor and beer at some tropical destination, suggestions welcome, with my woman.

Which brings me to whats waiting for me back home. Home 6, my beautiful girlfriend, serious girlfriend! I know, its hard to grasp at first. So take a moment to catch your breath......
Home 6 is a wonderful woman for putting up with me and all the stuff that goes on in my life. She has put up with me being gone from home for about 80% of a relationship which says a lot about us, or me should I say. Last time I deployed I broke up with the girl I was seeing. It just seemed wrong of me to ask someone to put their life on hold while I was away for so long. This time I felt something different, something that hurt a bit. Knowing I would be so far away, would she be alright while I was gone? I am a protective person, thats my nature. Anyone who I care about falls under my protection. And thats what hurt, knowing I couldn't protect her. Last time I ended my relationship more to protect myself, this time I want to protect her from everything. I don't know if that makes sense, but thats what I feel. Home 6 has my heart and there is no way I want it back. I love her more than anything on this earth. This coming from a man who would maim anyone who messed with his Harley.
I try to call her as much as possible just to tell her I love her and miss her.

Thats what has been goin on with me. I'm in love, making the best of my situation here in Afghanistan, and waiting for a well deserved vacation. Ya'll take care!!

2 comments:

Journey said...

awwww, you's in bigtime luv!

Condolences on the Braves... still they did better than my mets.

Condolences also on the latest FSU loss, though they did try hard.

May you remain well and your deployment be quick & uneventful!

Anonymous said...

Awe Baby, I Love you soooo much!!!! Thanks for sharing this with me.