29 November 2007

Another day in the life....

As I sit at my brothers house, I ponder the events of the past weeks.

I took a motorcycle safety course, too easy. Wrote a report for Anatomy, easy. Did chem homework, easy. Got free time to do whatever, WTF!? Free time? So this is what it feels like to not have to do specifically, feels ok. I reckon I'm just not used to it. Never the less I'm enjoyin it.

My soldiers call every now and then to talk shop and get the low down for next drill. You know all the enlisted type talk of, if Sergeant/LT X would do this everything would make sense and thats why it can't be done, kinda stuff. It gets me thinkin about my career as a whole. I enjoy what I do but sometimes it can be nerve wreckin.

Also I often think about goin back to Iraq. Life is so simple there you eat, sleep, plan for missions, and then execute. Easy, easy stuff. Plus in Iraq no one bothers you, they're busy doin their thing and your busy doin yours. And the money is good. I miss gettin sacred, or being alert all the time. I guess I'm an adrenaline junkie with thrill issues. Drivin fast, ok. Jumpin out of planes, nay your just gonna float to the ground. I want to shoot people and fix people while being shot at, now thats a fuckin thrill.

Some people call that thinkin too much. I just use it as an escape from the norm.

No comments: