30 May 2007

Magic Moments Camp

Another Memorial Day Weekend at the Magic Moments Camp. Every Memorial Day weekend I try to travel to Lake Martin outside Alexander City, AL. This is where the camp takes place.

Magic Moments Camp is part of the Make a Wish Foundation. Its a family camp for terminally ill children. The ailments range from mental handicaps to physical ones. These kids have more courage than I could ever imagine. They go to doctors day in and day out, surgeries, and all sorts of meds. However, they have a more optimistic outlook on life than most people who are 100% capable to do anything they want.

Anyway, these kids get to swim, boat, fish, and lots of things they normally don't get to do. All the kids were smiling, laughing, and makin me realize how lucky I am. It always is a humbling experience.

After all was done I hopped on the Harley and hit the throttle. It was a 3 and a half drive back up to the house. Plenty of time for me to think about the whole experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend some time. A great tradition. Good for you!

Tammi

Green said...

You're amazing, big bro.