06 August 2010

Much Overdue Scribbling

Another long day at the office, with lots of time for thinking.

The nights when the masses seem to placate themselves in other activities, I have lots of time alone in the patrol car. During these times, situation permitting, I will call old friends, family, and usually think about the matters of the world. Lately I've been thinking of how to improve myself. I'm a firm believer that to improve others and your surroundings you must improve yourself. So before fixing all the problems in the world, in my control of course, I need to reinvent me.

I am currently working and plan on attending school part time to aid in my restructuring. My long term goal is to be a Physician's Assistant. So short term is to take classes that will enable me to apply to the various programs at my disposal. Although none are guaranteed, that will not stop me. I've had friends and family tell me to abandon all hopes of getting the Army to send me to PA school and go into some sort of higher level law enforcement. Don't get me wrong I like being a police officer, but my true passion is medicine. I cannot describe the feeling that I had in Iraq and Afghanistan of being the guy that everyone depended on for medical knowledge and to treat their ailments. It seemed as if I was the end-all-be-all when it came to most medical matters. Of course just being a combat medic with limited expertise, some things were over my head.

I am also at the same time thankful. I'm thankful that I have a job, a great woman, my fiance, that supports me in whatever I do, and all the other people that help me through life's trials.

Now that my life has settled back into its normal rhythm, I will begin to keep this blog more up to date. Until next time.....

No comments: