03 October 2007

Thunder Beach

So I left last Wednesday morning for Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally.

We took to the highway and rode most of the morning away. It was a great ride down the back roads to the coastal highway down in FL. The ride from Panacea to PCB was beautiful. Regrettably I didn't take any photos of this trek. I rode my buddy's Heritage Classic Soft-tail. I understand why they call it a soft tail. After a days worth of riding my butt was sore. It was a great time.

The next day we went out on a poker run around PCB. We hit up a few restaurants and got some drinks along the way, non-alcoholic of course. I was so close to havin 3 jacks and winning, but that last card turned out to be a 3. Oh well it was a good ride. We stopped at Shuckums for one of the stop and had lunch. I got a Oyster Shooter, basically a raw oyster with your pick of poison in a shot glass. Naturally I chose Tequila, Patron no less. It went down like glass, smooth and cool. Beautiful start to a good fried oyster dinner.

The days were filled with riding and the nights, whew, full of partyin. Mrs. Newby's is the place to be for Thunder Beach. I'll try to post a video, if I could figure that one out. The parties would last most of the night and the booze would flow. Women in skimpy outfits and some takin them off. BEAUTIFUL! Fun times were had by all.

No comments: